6/16/09

Good News For Some Folks I Know

I think it was Thursday last week when I first heard about this. When I heard it I was very excited because it involved someone who I know a little bit and has been a guest in the Dino Nation Blog. Adnan Virk is coming to Raps-TV. He will be replacing Paul Johnson who's contract was not renewed. I worked with Adnan in his time at TSN, long before he was "the baller" and before he was working in front of a camera, so I am thrilled for him and for all Raptors fans. Adnan is a very good broadcaster and has great knowledge and a tremendous sense of humour to go along with it. I contacted Adnan last week when I first heard this news to confirm it. He did confirm this was happening and said that it would be announced yesterday as it was. He also said that once he is done his vacation and begins his new role with Raps-TV. Which should be at the start of July. This would mark the 3rd time Adnan has been a guest in the Dino Nation Blog and given his new role it will definitely not be the last.

Also just yesterday I heard some great news for someone I know from Slam and Court Surfing on the web. Holly MacKenzie who is truly a great writer in my humble opinion is going to be going to cover the NBA Draft in NYC. She is a rising star at what she is doing and I am happy to know her. I had planned to finally bring her knowledge her to the Dino Nation Blog for an interview but given this latest news we both agreed it probably makes more sense to have her visit after she heads to NYC for the Draft. But till that time Holly did give her opinion on who the Raptors might select at #9 on the website Ridiculous Upside.

As for yours truly I hope to have an announcement on where I will be on draft night and how you can join me. Things are getting worked out and finalized but you can expect that I will be busy here online in some shape or form on draft night and you can join me. I also have wrote my latest view from the North that should be posted on Hoops Doctors sometime today. As well my article in the Industry Magazine for the June/July issue is out in magazine form in Toronto area and should be on the web soon if it is not already.

Also courtesy of Eric Smith in his blog "The Rap" a couple of news items. First here is a list of who is in town working out for the Raptors for the upcoming draft:

Toney Douglas - Guard - 6′1 - Florida State

Greg Gamble - Guard - 6′3 - Buffalo
Gerald Henderson - Forward - 6′4 - Duke
Jerel McNeal - Forward - 6′3 - Marquette
B.J. Mullen - Centre - 7′0 - Ohio State
Aron Baynes - Centre - 6′10 - Washington State

Second, the newest Raptor Reggie Evans is in town to meet with the media and Eric is hopeful that Evans can be a guest on Game Plan between 2-4 on the Fan 590. Eric is hosting with Jack Armstrong today as he fills in for Doug Maclean.

So even though it is the off-season there is still lots on the go as things quickly shift to the draft. If you want to submit a question or comment for my weekly view from the North for Hoops doctors drop me an dinonationblog@sourcecable.net

One late edition to the blog for you. Justin Walsh who just recently was a guest talked with Demar DeRozan when he declared for the draft. Given that he has been a big topic and the debate of if he will or won't workout for the Raps continues on felt people might want to check out this interview Justin did for Slam back in April.


No comments:

Post a Comment